Friday 10 February 2012

America America...

Hi everyone!
My latest project is a cushion made with american fabric. My nana wanted a cushion for her friend at calligraphy class. So we worked together to make this project.

 My nana cross stitched the panel and i made it into a cushion with some lengths of fabric making the patchwork effect by straight stitching them together.
I made an 18x18 cushion so gave myself a 2 inch seam allowance (20x20). Measured and cut out the material using my rotary cutter. I made a envelope back by cutting two pieces of fabric 15inches by 17 and 10 inches by 17. This time I remembered to face the seams upwards when joining to the front panel this time- always a good thing!!
Next time I make a cushion I am going to put a zip in the back of my cushion. I don't no how to do it yet tho!! My janome has a setting so I'm hoping to try it out in the half term holidays - I will let you know how it goes! I've also got some cushions to make for school with calico material.

Until next time- Keep Crafting!!

Ashleigh x

No comments:

Post a Comment